Matthew McKeon is an attorney in the West Chester office and a member of the firm’s Land Use Practice Group. He focuses his practice primarily on land use, zoning, and litigation-related matters.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey, Matthew worked as a Judicial Clerk with the Honorable Rochelle S. Friedman, Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania in Doylestown, PA. He was also a Student Attorney at the Syracuse University College of Law Elder Law Clinic, a Legal Extern at the PA Department of State, Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs, and a Judicial Intern with the Honorable Renee Cohn Jubelirer, Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
Matthew earned his J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law and his B.A. in Political Science and History from the University of Vermont.
- Chester County Bar Association
- Bucks County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court Historical Society
- Chester County Historical Society, Board of Trustees
- Governor Allows Construction to Resume May 1; New Law Tolls Time for Action on Land Use Applications: Updates from MacElree Harvey, Ltd.’s Land Use Department
- COVID-19 FAQs for Southeast PA Liquor Licensees
- Zoning in the Age of Airbnb Part II: Pennsylvania Supreme Court Weighs in on Short-Term Rentals in Residential Zoning Districts.
- Unrecorded Rights in Your Property: How to Avoid Potential Adverse Possession and Prescriptive Easement Claims
- Stormwater Issues: An Overview for the Pennsylvania Property Owner
- Landlords and Undocumented Tenants: An Overview
- Matthew McKeon Elected to Chester County Historical Society Board of Trustees
- Navigating Zoning in the Age of Airbnb
- MacElree Harvey Welcomes Matthew M. McKeon to its Land Use & Zoning Practice Group
We hired Matt to secure sign variances for our Dealership in (West Chester) West Goshen Township. Matt's knowledge, professionalism, and preparation resulted in a successful outcome on the first hearing. I've been through similar efforts with other attorneys in other jurisdictions where the process dragged on and on. I am very pleased with this firm and with Matt in particular.
Paul Read more
Matt was amazing! I originally spoke with Michael Louis and Charlie Gerbron concerning an issue with my property and I was referred to Matt McKeon. He was there for me through the whole ordeal. Matt was very efficient and responded to my phone calls quickly. I don't know how I would have resolved this matter without his knowledge and skills. Would I recommend MacElree Harvey? Absolutely. Would I recommend Matt McKeon? For sure! If I ever have a legal need for real estate and land use expertise, I would not hesitate to call MacElree Harvey. That is why I continue to use this law firm for any of my legal needs.
Barbara Read more
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Vermont (B.A., Political Science, History)