Jess M. Simon Partner - Employment Law
(O) (610) 840-0258
I enjoy the opportunity to work with management to problem solve and find the best solutions for their unique needs.
Jess M. Simon has decades of experience representing large corporations and public and private employers in all aspects of employment law, including litigating federal and state court employment cases. With MacElree Harvey, Ms. Simon brings her experience with large companies to smaller and mid-size companies that may not have in-house support when navigating employment-related matters.
Ms. Simon also represents executives, high-level managers and professionals in negotiating employment contracts, restrictive covenants, and severance agreements; and in resolving employment disputes in a practical manner. Ms. Simon handles select Plaintiff’s side employment litigation matters. She is particularly interested in discrimination, harassment and retaliation cases where there is a culture of systematic, deeply entrenched, and unlawful barriers to true upward mobility, equal pay, and the ability to meaningfully redress unlawful workplace practices.
Ms. Simon has established the firm’s presence in Philadelphia and now brings her “big law” experience to a smaller and more client accessible setting. She maintains offices in both West Chester and Bala Cynwd, PA.
- Represented major corporation in the telecommunications industry in federal court race discrimination case.
- Represented several energy companies in multiple federal court discrimination actions arising under various state and federal statutes.
- Represented major airline in numerous federal court discrimination and retaliations cases; including actions alleging disability discrimination, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, race discrimination and claims of unlawful retaliation.
- Represented major municipality and other significant public employers in numerous federal court cases alleging among other claims, age discrimination, race discrimination, gender discrimination, retaliation; and other civil rights related actions.
- Represented major corporations in numerous federal cases alleging FMLA discrimination and retaliation, violations of Tittle VII, the PHRA, the NJLAD, the ADEA, the ADA and numerous other state and federal statutes.
- Represented corporations and executives in negotiating and litigating restrictive covenant actions.
- Represented executives in negotiating employment contracts and severance agreements.
- Represented high level manager in age action against Fortune 100 corporation.
- Represented significant railway corporation in multiple employment discrimination actions including matters implicated by the regulated nature o the industry.
- Represented numerous clients in tort and contract related claims before state and federal courts.
- Represented Non-Profit in federal court action which alleged among other claims, trademark violations and violations of RICO.
- Advised and partnered with corporate clients in developing and implementing employment polices and best practices to minimize litigation risk.
- Human Resources Committee for Philabundance
- Human Resources Committee for the Maternity Care Coalition
- 11 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
- 26 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named 2019 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today
- Women’s Soccer Brings Focus to the Equal Pay Discussion
- 23 Attorneys Named Main Line Today’s Top Lawyers 2018
- Jess M. Simon to Present at Greater West Chester Chamber’s Business Owners in the Know Discussion
- MacElree Harvey Welcomes Labor & Employment Attorney Jess M. Simon
- FMLA Protection Regarding Doctor’s Notes
I found myself in an unforeseen situation where I needed to seek the advice and guidance of an employment and labor attorney. From the moment, I connected with Ms. Jess Simon I knew that I was in good hands with a trusted and knowledgeable litigator. Throughout the process (which went on for several months), Jess was in constant communication with me, providing real-time updates on the status of my complaint and her ongoing negotiations with my previous employer (a fortune 500 company). Jess' legal strategy was impressive! It was multi-dimensional and continued to evolve throughout the process during discussions with my previous employer. Her superior negotiation skills & expertise helped to secure an outcome that far exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Ms. Jess Simon. Reach out to her, you will be glad you did!
Anonymous Read more
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D.)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., Politics and Philosophy)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit