Brian J. Forgue Associate - Family Law and Commercial, Banking and Finance Litigation
(O) (610) 840-0221
Brian is an attorney in the firm’s Litigation practice group. He represents clients in a broad range of litigation matters, with an emphasis on complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining MacElree Harvey as an associate attorney, Brian served as a legal intern at the United States House of Representatives and worked as a law clerk for MacElree Harvey conducting research and drafting documents for various phases of litigation.
During law school, Brian served on the Executive Board for the Dickinson School of Law’s Yearbook on Arbitration and Mediation as the Articles Editor. He also competed as a member of Dickinson Law’s Mock Trial Team, participating in a national competition against law schools from around the country. In his third year of law school, Brian was selected as one of only three students who worked for the Centre County Public Defender’s Office, where he represented his own clients and gained valuable courtroom experience.
Brian is a 2016 graduate of the Chester County Bar Association Advocacy Academy. Additionally, Brian is a graduate of Leadership Chester County, a program that trains and prepares community leaders from various professions to serve on the Board of Directors for local non-profit organizations.
- Successful negotiation of credit card debt settlements for less than the balance owed.
- Successful defense of client sued by contractor despite contractor’s deficient remodeling of the home.
- Successful representation of Homeowners Association in court for homeowners’ failure to pay fees owed.
- Obtained favorable disposition for a commercial client with third-party and insurance company for payment of contract price and attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained favorable settlement for a home-buying client where seller failed to disclose dangerous conditions prior to sale.
- A successful outcome for a client in residential dispute for the return of personal property.
- Chester County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Chester County Chamber of Business and Industry, Emerging Leaders Committee, Member
- Kennett High School, Coach Mock Trial
- Leadership Chester County, a program of United Way of Chester County, Class of 2017
- Youth Mentoring Partnership, Board of Directors
- November 2018: What to Do and Not to Do as you Enter a Business Dispute
- The Economic Impacts of COVID-19: Notes on Equitable Distribution (Part I)
- 26 MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named 2019 Top Lawyers by Main Line Today
- MacElree Harvey Attorneys Named to 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers List
- Disclosing Before Closing
- Served with a Subpoena? Here’s What To Do
- Let’s Talk Money: Who is Responsible for Attorneys’ Fees in Civil Litigation?
- MacElree Harvey Welcomes New Associate Attorney Brian J. Forgue
We hired Brian and his firm to review our Participant Agreement. Brian was very thorough and diligent in providing feedback and recommendations that we feel as a result has enhanced the validity of this legal document. Brian's focus on us as a client, as well as his professionalism and demeanor, made us feel that we were in very good, capable hands. In addition, the turnaround time for completing this project was quick and we very much appreciate this! Thank you!
Boris Read more
We cannot say enough how much we appreciated Brian’s expertise and assistance in resolving our roof issues. He was thorough and consistent and kept us apprised with each plan of action. Would highly recommend him!
Deb Read more
Brian represented my wife and me in a case filed by an opposing law firm. There were many facets to the case which originated from a suit filed against a school district where we were seeking judgment for education expenses. After many years, multiple agreements and unclear settlement terms we found ourselves being sued for a large sum by the firm that represented us. Brian reviewed our documents, gave us sound advice and offered us options to bring closure to the case. Only after understanding our position and limitations, Brian moved forward with litigating with the opposing firm with our best interests in mind. Ultimately Brian was able to litigate the case, keep us out of court and settle within our means. I would recommend Brian to anyone who is seeking representation.
John Read more
Brian assisted me and resolved an ongoing tenant issue I was having trying to evict my tenant. Brian kept me in the loop with all what was going on and worked diligently to resolve the issue and stayed on top of the situation. We, unfortunately, had to go to court to resolve the issue and the judgment was in my favor. I would recommend Brian for any legal issues you might be going through and need them resolved.
Chris Dougherty Read more
Banking & Finance Litigation
My case was with a different lawyer for a year before I gave it to Brian. He was able to solve some financial issues I was having in just a few months, that the previous attorney couldn't get done in a year's time. Brian consistently kept me updated and always responded to emails or phone calls quickly. He is also very personable and makes you feel comfortable when speaking with him. Will definitely hire Brian in the future, if I need an attorney.
Jenn Read more
Brian always responded promptly and answered any questions I had. He was very professional and courteous while dealing with this matter. I would highly recommend him.
Trish Read more
- The Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, Juris Doctor
- The Pennsylvania State University, Crime, Law, and Justice
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania